We are committed to our clients, our employees and other persons who may provide us with confidential/personal information in maintaining and protecting the information in its possession or control.
ACCOUNTABILITY AND IDENTIFICATION
We are accountable for all personal information in its possession or control and identifies the purpose for collecting the personal information before it is collected.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION
We only collects personal information from clients in order to understand their needs and uses and discloses such information to provide the professional services that the client has requested.
Some of the personal information we request might include:
- Name, age and marital status
- social insurance numbers
- home addresses
- home telephone numbers
- financial information such as income, investment income, expenses
- medical/disability information
- credit card numbers
We will obtain consent (from clients by means of an engagement letter and from staff) for all personal information collected, used or disclosed unless such collection or use is inappropriate or permitted by law.
We endeavor to keep accurate, complete and up-to-date personal information to meet the purposes for which it is collected. We encourage our clients to contact with us if there are any changes to their personal information.
We retain personal information only as long as necessary to fulfill its purposes. Working paper files such as copies of personal tax returns are retained for the time period required by law and regulation and are systematically destroyed and erased when no longer required by laws and regulations.
We protects the privacy of personal information in its possession or control by using security safeguards.
- Paper copies (hard copies) of personal information are physically stored in locked filing cabinets in a restricted access, locked room.
- We maintain a professional security alarm system at its business location.
- Authentication (i.e. password protection) is used to prevent unauthorized access to personal information stored electronically.